Appearances matter. Damages to your teeth like chips, uneven edges, gaps between teeth and other problems can be corrected with the help of dental veneers. Dr. Salmeh Jafarifar, dentist at Preferred Family Dentistry offers a free consultation and second opinion for Las Vegas residents of Spring Valley, Enterprise and Paradise communities.
Make an appointment to find out what exactly is a dental veneer, and if you’re a candidate for dental veneers.
Dental veneers are made of a thin layer of porcelain that is constructed to fit over your existing teeth and to mask any problem areas. The concept of a dental veneer is very similar to the acrylic that women get on their nails, except porcelain veneers are more permanent and more durable.
Quality porcelain veneers can last years with proper care. They only need to be replaced if they break or after long periods of time with recession of the gums. The dental veneers will need to be replaced to position the margins closer to the gum line.
Dental veneers are mostly used in the smile line and usually cover the front six teeth. While you could always choose the number of dental veneers you wish to receive it is best to consult with our Las Vegas dentist to see what would be the best option to achieve the best possible esthetic outcome.
Dental Veneers are indicated for the following esthetic problems:
- Deep discoloration of teeth that are not easily whitened with professional teeth whitening techniques, such as tetracycline stains.
- Dental Veneers can be used to correct chipped or uneven edges of the teeth.
- Some crowding or rotation of teeth can be masked with dental veneers.
- To make a smaller front tooth look larger. It is common for one or two teeth in the front to be smaller than the normal size. In this case a dental veneer is the best option to correct the size discrepancy.
- To close the unwanted gaps between the teeth. This is a good alternative to orthodontics treatment which takes longer and might not fit your lifestyle.
- If you are not completely happy with the way your front teeth look you can always change it with dental veneers . We work closely with you and our skilled lab technicians, located here in Las Vegas, to achieve your goals for your smile.
Dental Veneers process
After you and Dr. J decide on how many dental veneers will be needed the procedure is as follows:
- During the first appointment Dr. Jafarifar will anesthetize the desired teeth.
- She will then prepare your teeth using a series of burs. The preparation might be as little as just a roughening of the tooth surface or sometimes due to decay or discoloration more tooth structure needs to be removed from to outside surface of the teeth. Sometimes for best results, depending on the condition of your teeth, a combination of dental veneers and dental crowns may be necessary.
- An impression of your teeth will be made which will be sent to the lab for construction of the dental veneers .
- Temporary dental veneers will be placed on your teeth until the final dental veneers are ready for cementation.
- A final shade will be chosen by you with the help of the doctor and the lab technician.
- In 2 weeks your dental veneers are ready to be cemented on. The temporary dental veneers will be removed and the final dental veneers will be delivered. Any changes or adjustments to shape or color can be done before final cementation of the dental veneers.
Dental Veneers Las Vegas
If you live in the Las Vegas area and would like to consult with us about possibly getting dental veneers, call us for an appointment with Dr. Jafarifar and we will be happy to answer all the questions you may have about dental veneers. We will work closely with you and our skilled lab technicians to beautify your smile.
If you are seeking other ways to return your smile, check these smile restoration services.