If you visit our General Dentist at Las Vegas Preferred Family Dentistry on a regular basis, you will prevent further complications and catch the problem before it becomes more serious and is in need of more invasive procedures.
Dr. J will be able to diagnose the problems early and you will probably only have to do procedures that are considered to be basic preventative or general procedures. Emergency visits which require a tooth extraction or something as simple as getting a prescribed medication to alleviate your dental issues, also fall into this category of general services.
Preventative Dental Procedures:
- Dental exams: are recommended every 6 months in order to diagnose dental decay or other problems before they become more serious issues.
- Full mouth X-Rays: x-rays are taken for the full mouth every 3-5 years and periodically taken as needed to diagnose early decay or infections that might be hidden and asymptomatic.
- Teeth Cleaning: Is recommended every 6 months for healthy dentition and every 3 months for patients with periodontal disease.
- Sealants: are used to seal teeth in children and adults to prevent decay on the biting surfaces of permanent molars.
- Fluoride Treatment: Is needed every 6 months for children and as needed for sensitivity or cavity control in adults that are prone to decay.
General Dental Procedures:
- Dental Fillings: Is the process of removal of tooth decay and filling the empty space with a filler material such as composite resin or amalgam.
- Tooth extraction: The process of removing a tooth from its socket in the jaw bone due to severe decay, bone loss or infection.
- Emergency dental care: Severe intolerable tooth ache is the most common form of a dental emergency. Most times this is accompanied by infection and swelling. In this case it is important to see our dentist as soon as possible to control the infection and relieve the pain.
- Family Dentistry
- Second Opinions
Las Vegas General Dentist at Drjlv.com, If you visit us on a regular basis, you will prevent further complications and catch the problem before it becomes more serious and is in need of more invasive procedures.