Prevent Headaches & Migraines Before They Even Start – Stand Up to Chronic Migraine
Are you one of the many who grind or clench their jaw? That involuntary bite while you are concentrating, or even sleeping, can cause you dental and facial pain that can lead to problems later on. It’s time to stop the jaw dysfunction and work with Dr. Jafarifar, a TMJ/TMD specialist who knows how to help.
Botox® may be best known for smoothing out wrinkles, but it also relieves pain from issues such as teeth clenching and muscular spasms of the lower jaw. BOTOX® prevents on average 8 to 9 headache days and migraine/probable migraine days a month (vs 6 to 7 for placebo).
For adults with Chronic Migraine, 15 or more headache days a month, each lasting 4 hours or more. It is not approved for 14 or fewer headache days a month. Take advantage of the benefits of Botox for your oral health by visiting our office. The experienced staff at Preferred Family Dentistry treat patients living in and around Las Vegas, Nevada.
What is Chronic Migraine?
Chronic Migraine is 15 or more headache days each month, with migraine on at least 8 of those days, and 4 hours or more of headache per headache day.
If you are currently taking migraine treatment, think back to before you started it. If you previously had 15 or more headache or migraine days a month in any 3-month period, you could still have Chronic Migraine.
Chronic Migraine: The Difference
Chronic Migraine is different from episodic migraine. With Chronic Migraine:
- You have 15 or more headache days per month (at least 8 associated with migraine)
- Headaches last longer
- Pain is often more severe
Experts recommend treating Chronic Migraine with preventive medication – medicine that is used before a headache or migraine even starts.
- Preventive medication is used before a headache or migraine even starts
- Preventive medication is different from acute treatments, which are taken once a headache or migraine has already started
- BOTOX® is a preventive treatment for Chronic Migraine
BOTOX® can make a difference in Chronic Migraine
- BOTOX® prevents headaches and migraines before they even start—preventing on average 8 to 9 headache days and migraine/probable migraine days a month (vs 6 to 7 for placebo)
- BOTOX® is the #1 prescribed branded Chronic Migraine treatment*
- 2 million BOTOX® treatments have been given to over 500,000 people with Chronic Migraine since FDA approval in 2010
*Data on File.